I’m linking up with Andrea at www.momfessionals.com to show and tell you something. Hence the name…Show and Tell Tuesday.
Can I be honest for a minute (Type A confession)…I had every intention in being all fancy and taking pictures of the apps on my phone, but with this being my first week back at work and trying to figure out our new routine with a 3 year old, newborn, and now going back to work…I just couldn’t make it happen. I wasn’t even going to link-up and post this because it’s not “perfect” or it’s “not how I wanted it to be”, but then I figured having something up is better than not right? I figure I’ll have a few of these type posts that I’m not entirely happy about for awhile until I can figure out our new routine/schedule…so thanks for being patient during this time with me. Okay…on to the topic for today!
Today’s topic: What’s On Your Phone?
The most important things on my phone are the obvious ones that everyone uses…the phone itself, text messages, camera/photos. Another obvious group is the social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Out of those I tend to enjoy Instagram the most…I’m really thinking about deleting Facebook off my phone soon. I just don’t enjoy it like I used to. However there are other apps that I use pretty much daily that other people might not and they are:
- iTunes podcast – for podcasts
- Spotify – for music
- Shazam – to get the name/artist of music I hear playing while out and about
- Overdrive – for audiobooks
- Etsy – shop for cutesy items
- ibotta – earn rewards from purchasing certain items (use my referral code to get a $10 welcome bonus – https://ibotta.com/r/nasetdx)
- Walmart Savings Catcher – earn rewards for purchases made at Walmart
- ThredUp – affordable secondhand namebrand clothing (use my referral code to get a $10 welcome bonus – http://www.thredup.com/r/5HDRIG)
- Amazon – Kindle books and random things
- Pocket – love this app where I can save different websites (i.e. articles/blogs/videos/etc)
- Trello – use for project management and for the editorial calendar/ideas for this blog (https://trello.com/lindseyhood/recommend)
- Goodreads – keep track of books I’ve read or want to read
- Pinterest – for recipes and craft ideas
- YouTube – random makeup/hair/exercise videos
- Cash – I use this to transfer money to my mom or sister or to friends if I owe them for something. Super easy and very user-friendly!!! (use my referral code to get a $5 welcome bonus for both you and I – https://cash.me/app/XPVLCPW)
- The Weather Channel – track weather
- Cuptakes – for phone backgrounds
- A Color Story – for photo editing
There is so much more I would like to say and show you, but it will have to be for a different day! I’ve really enjoyed reading through other people’s favorite apps in this link-up and can’t wait to try some of them out!
Until next time…Keep it simple!
Leave a Reply