Today I am linking up with Shay at “Mix and Match Mama” with the What’s Up Wednesday link-up. This is one of my favorite posts I try to do every month. I think it will be fun to go back and look through these and see what was going on in life during this past year.
What We’re Eating This Week: We made enough Taco Salad to have leftovers for a couple of nights and then we made this new recipe I found on Pinterest called “Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Crack Chicken Chili“. I actually had Emmalyn help me make it and she did most of it because it was so easy. The whole family loved it and I could see it becoming a once a month staple in our family.
What I’m Reminiscing About: With Emmalyn’s birthday coming up, I’ve started thinking about her birth and the newborn days with her (and Claire). I am so thankful I was able to take 12 weeks off with both my girls and just get to sit and hold them and bond with them. I wish that was something I could do every year with them even now (however they think they are too big for cuddling, so we’d have to come up with something else to do together).
What I’m Loving: I am loving a lot of things, but I always forget to write them down as I think of them. I guess 3 things that come to mind right now are:
- I had heard a couple of people (bloggers/YouTubers) mention these pens and how they were their favorites to use in their planners, so they have been on my list to try for awhile. Well, I finally ordered them and they are definitely my favorite pens. I really like the Ultra Fine point on them. I don’t think I necessarily like the “pen”, I think perhaps it’s more the 0.38 tip. I’m curious to find other pens with the same .38 point and see if that is the case or if it really truly is the “pen” itself. – Pilot Juice Retractable Premium Gel Ink Roller Ball Pens, Ultra Fine Point,-0.38mm- Black Ink
- I’ve been wanting to do green smoothies in the morning, but I just don’t have time before heading out the door for daycare/work to make one. So a couple of weeks ago I had an idea…why don’t I just try some “green juice” and just see if that makes a difference. If anything I’ll get some green veggies in my system and it couldn’t hurt to do that. I researched and compared a couple of different brands and this one seemed to have some good green veggies and a low sugar content compared to some others (and a bonus is they have a box of 6 that you can get at Sam’s Club), so I’ve been having one first thing in the morning for the past couple of weeks and I don’t know if it’s all in my head or what, but I think it does make me want to make healthier choices during the day and I feel like I am doing something somewhat healthy by having it every morning. Matter of fact, I forgot to have one this morning (because of sick kiddos) and I can tell that I missed having it. The taste takes a little bit to get used to, but now it’s a refreshing part of my morning and I almost enjoy as much as my morning coffee which is something I never that I would say. – Suja Organic Juice Uber Greens
- Reading my Bible – I’m trying to get more into God’s Word this year and the more I read it seems like I want to read the Bible even more. It’s been so neat to have that happen…I’ve heard other people talk about how that happens, but it has never been the case with me, but God I know has been working on me and my heart the past couple of years and I know this is all Him and oh how I need Him…because life in this world is hard.
What We’ve Been Up To: Being sick. I’ve had something that has lasted for 2 weeks now that a steroid shot and antibiotics have not helped with at all, and then Emmalyn was diagnosed with Flu Type A yesterday morning and Claire woke up running a fever during the night and has been miserable today. So yeah, that’s what we’ve been up to this month.
What I’m Dreading: Registering Emmalyn for Kindergarten here in a couple of weeks. I can’t believe she is old enough for school and I’m struggling with it because I was homeschooled my whole life and don’t know what to tell her what to expect and how to navigate school stuff. I know she will be fine and I need to trust God with it all, but man it’s been hard for me to think about her going.
What I’m Working On: Emmalyn’s 5 year old birthday party! We are having a Unicorn themed party. We are having it at a toy store that hosts parties and does a little craft/activity and storytime with them. All I have to provide is a cake. Hopefully it all works out and is as easy as it sounds!
What I’m Excited About: Robert and I are taking Emmalyn’s actual birthday off and spending the day with her and doing whatever she wants (which might include getting her ears pierced).
What I’m Watching/Reading:
- Watching: I found a show on Netflix called #StayHere and I’ve really been enjoying it. It is two people who help people “flip” their rental properties so they can either charge more or have a higher occupancy rate. Almost makes me want to invest in a property and rent it out through Air B&B or something like that.
- Reading: Check out my January Book Report and look for my February Book Report post in the next few days.
What I’m Listening To: The Chronological Bible through YouVersion and The Bible Recap podcast to go along with it. I’m really enjoying this! I am behind a few days, but I’m trying not to stress about it and just keep doing what I can when I can.
What I’m Wearing: This week since we’ve been homebound because of the Flu…comfy clothes! Mainly PJ pants and a t-shirt.
What I’m Doing This Weekend: Nothing is planned…hopefully everyone will be well and the flu will have left our house so we can get out and do something fun!
What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month: Emmalyn’s birthday and celebrating my sister is turning 30!!! I can’t believe she’ll be 30…I feel so old!
What Else Is New: Nothing really…just trying to get through this week with a good attitude and here’s to hoping next week is a lot better!!!
Until next time…keep it simple!