I’m linking up with Andrea at www.momfessionals.com for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today’s topic is “What’s In Your Bag – Dump those purses, Ladies! Let’s let our crazy (or not!) out of the bag”.
So right now at this time in my life I feel like I’m the bag lady. On a typical day going to work I walk out of the house with my pump bag, a freezer lunch type of bag (to keep my pumped milk in), Emmalyn and Claire’s daycare bag, and my “purse”. I have no idea what is in my purse because I just throw whatever won’t fit in the other bags in it. So I’m curious to see what’s in it myself…I haven’t cleaned it out since I started back to work over a month and a half ago, so there is no telling what I’ll find.
I love the Rifle Paper Co. floral fabric print and saw this bag that was made out of it and ordered it.
I ordered my “purse” off the Etsy “Sew Brave Designs” while I was feeding Claire during the middle of the night a couple of months ago (gotta love late night browsing and buying…don’t tell my husband. Haha).
I love it!!! It is a great size and is made very well!
Okay, now it’s time to dive into my purse (I’m a little scared to see):
- Hobo wallet – For Christmas couple of years ago I ordered my sister, my mom, and I these wallets when they were on sale on the Nordstrom Rack online.
- Gum – Two different kinds…Trident Sweet Mint and Mentos Gum Peppermint
- Pink Starbursts – See this post on some of my favorite things.
- One Baby Sock – Because why not? Haha….
- Real Simple magazine – I’ve been carrying it around hoping I will be able to read it sometime, but haven’t gotten to yet.
- Peekabo magazine – This is a little magazine that is published in NWA. They have really sweet stories about families around our area. One of my friends/past coworker was featured in it recently.
- Keys – Yes I have keys to the City (this statement cracks me up for some reason. Haha!)
- Apple Airpods – I love these things! They are so nice to use at work because they are wireless, they integrate great with my iPhone, iPad, Macbook…they stop playing when you take them out of your ear and start playing once you put them back in, they charge in the little holder, hold charge well….highly recommend, worth the price!
- Kind nut and fruit bar – For a pick-me-up whenever.
- Straw – Random I know, but a coffee shop near my house has the best straws. The length of it fits well in my cup that I use and I like the size of it to drink out of, so whenever I go in there I try to remember to grab one or two extra.
- Booby Boons cookies – Something new I’m trying out. My milk supply is dropping and Claire is gradually eating more. So the combination of those two is not good. I have tried everything…nursing more, pumping more, eating oatmeal, drinking blue Gatorade, other lactation cookies, Mother’s Milk tea, Upspring Milkflow drink mix, etc…but none of it seems to increase my supply. I think perhaps the Mother’s Milk tea and the Upspring mix would help increase it, but it really hurts/upsets Claire’s tummy and gives her a lot of gas so those are a no go. My mom said a girl at work eats these cookies and it seems to help her milk supply, so as a last resort I got them last week and have only tried a couple so far. We will see…
- Screen cleaning wipes – Robert always has these handy, so I asked him for a couple to clean my Apple watch and my iPhone last week. Guess I stuck them in my purse and forgot about them.
I’ve started using a small pouch to carry small items, like lipsticks and lotions. I got this cute little floral pouch from a boutique store. (I guess I’ve been into floral this year….along with everyone else, huh?)
In my pouch I have:
- Clinique Butter Shine lipstick in “Pink-a-boo” – I’ve had this color for years and really like it. It goes with anything and feels so moisturizing. This is almost gone, about time to order a new one.
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in “Natural Rose – Love the moisturizing feel of this and the smell. I’m not a fan of a lot of products that smell, but this smells so good. There are times I just put it on for the smell alone (weird I know). It has a sweet smell, sort of like chocolate.
- Dental floss – You never know when you might need some.
- Bare Minerals powder and Kubuki brush – I keep it around for a touch-up during the day if needed.
- Nars Velvet Lip Guide in “Bound” – I read about this lipgloss from Kate at the Small Things blog and she highly recommended it so I bit the bullet and bought some. I love the subtleness of the color and it feels very good on…not sticky like some lipglosses like this can be.
- Rice Paper blotting sheets – For those “oily” days.
- Hand creams – Neutrogena hand cream and Whish body butter. I love the Whish body butter. I got it from a Birchbox and have been meaning to order more! Love how it feels!
- Tissue holder – I bought this little holder at a little craft booth. I think the print is so cute!
- Systane Ultra eye drops – My eye doctor recommended these awhile back and I am addicted to them now. They make my eyes feel so good!
Well, I enjoyed going through my purse and seeing what I had in there. I hope I didn’t bore you too much. Please join in and share what’s in your bag!
Until next time…keep it simple!
Leave a Reply